We Are Restless is a platform for you.
We want young people to speak up on the issues that matter to them, so if you’ve got something to say, go ahead and submit it to our editors for review.
How do I write a blog?
If you want some tips on the sort of the blogs we like to see, take a look through the guidance below:
- Keep it focused. The best blogs don’t try to say everything at once, but concentrate on one issue at a time.
- Keep it short. Aim for between 400-800 words maximum. Use short sentences and try to stick to one paragraph per idea.
- Use links. If there are wider points you would like to make but don’t have room to say it all, make use of hyperlinks so people can do more reading if they want to.
- Be Personal. This is your voice so write however you feel comfortable. Feel free to be emotive and use casual, conversational language.
- Think like a reader. Ask yourself: If I saw the headline, would I click through to find out more? If I was reading through, would I keep reading until the end?
What shall I write about?
Read through some of our Editor’s Picks or browse through our different sections for inspiration, a guide to each of them is below:
- World: We publish stories of young people from all over the world. Maybe you want to write about the situation in your country or a place you’ve visited? This is the section for you.
- Issues: Whether it’s the environment, gender equality or youth governance that you care about, we cover all the issues that matter to young people in this section.
- Lifestyle: Culture and all the things that make our young lives interesting. If you’ve got a view on how things like music or sport can help change the world in small or big ways, let us know.